Our research activities take place in an academic and enjoyable environment, drawing on our infrastructure. The research developed by LaSDPC is dynamic and changes according to the distributed computing evolution.
Research lines in which LaSDPC has been working recently include:
- Performance Evaluation
- Simulation, prototyping and benchmark; Load indices for web services; Mobile computing; and Green computing.
- High Performance Computing
- Development of high performance applications; Testing of distributed and parallel applications; and Process scheduling.
- Distributed Systems
- Grid and Cloud computing; Service oriented architecture; QoS; and Web services.
- Free Software / Open Source
- Techniques and methodologies to open software development; and Educational computing.
- Computer networks
- Security in computer networks; Protocols; Middlewares for Flying Ad-Hoc Networks; and Ubiquitous Computing and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Adaptive Computer Systems
- Dynamic modelling of computational systems; Computational simulation of natural systems; and Real-time self-management and optimization.